LCMS

Calvary Lutheran Church

SELC

Calvary Lutheran Church

Calvary Lutheran ChurchFounded in 1955, Calvary Lutheran Church provided its first services in a VFW hall and later in Ridge-Brook School. Under the guidance of Pastor Marcis ground was broken for Calvary's sanctuary in 1957, and officially opened a year later.

Pastor Marcis accepted the call to Calvary in 1956 and went on to become the president of the SELC district in 1972. During Pastor Marcis's term he lead Calvary in the construction of the sanctuary, additions to the building, and pipe organ as well as the ever increasing body of worshipers. After leading Calvary for 38 years Pastor Marcis retired, and in 1995 Pastor Biermann became pastor of Calvary Lutheran Church.

Worship Schedule

  • Saturday: 6:00 PM Blended / Casual
  • Sunday: 8:30 AM Traditional Service
  • Sunday: 9:45 AM Educational Hour
  • Sunday: 11:00 AM Traditional Service
 

 

During Pastor Biermann's term he installed Deacon Hurst and created a Youth Center. In 2005 Pastor Biermann lead the congregation in the a study toward upgrading of the facility. This process would be completed in several phases with the intent to provide better use of space, upgrade outdated utilities, and provide better handicap accessibility. In October of 2007 Pastor Biermann accepted a called to a church in Michigan.

Recently Pastor Jeffery Stone accepted the call to serve Calvary and was installed in November of 2008.